I made Pennsylvania my home while attending Penn State. During law school, I served as the Executive Director of Dauphin County Pretrial Services and gained a valuable understanding of the economic and health care issues facing families in our communities.
I grew-up in a “blue collar” middle class family. My parents never had the opportunity to go to college, but my father worked hard to provide for us. When he was laid off, it was a struggle to pay bills and put food on the table. My father did not plan on being laid off and we needed help. Today, people find themselves disabled and unable to work—they need help.
That is why I am proud to represent men, women and children seeking disability benefits—proud to help them fight for the benefits that they need. Whether assisting with their initial applications or representing my clients when their application is denied, I want to make sure that they have the best opportunity to secure the benefits that they need to keep going.
The Pennsylvania State University, BA Political Science and BA American Studies-1993
Widener University School of Law, Juris Doctor-1999
- Moot Court Honor Society President
- National Order of Barristers (National Advocacy Honor Society)
- Widener University Academic Success Teaching Fellow–Torts
- Paul Isaac Leiter Scholarship Recipient
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Board of Directors–National Association for Mental Health-York County
- Member–National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives-NOSSCR
- Member–National Autism Society
- Member–National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association
- Member–Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member–York County Bar Association
- Member–Dauphin County Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum–Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
National Autism Society National Conference (2014 and 2015) – The Autistic Spectrum and Social Security Disability Benefits – What You Need To Know
I present workshops on the Social Security disability application process and appeals process to health and human service agencies in Dauphin, Cumberland and York Counties, including Dauphin County Case Management and the Harrisburg YWCA.
The United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Junior Achievement Volunteer–West Shore and Northeastern School Districts
Board of Directors–Central Pennsylvania Animal Alliance (2013-2014)
Dauphin County Pretrial Services Board of Directors (1999-2002)
I enjoy spending every moment that I can with my wife and two children. I am an avid runner and enjoy fundraising and running marathons for charities such as Team in Training, the Organization for Autism Research, and local animal rescues. I also enjoy "guy movies" with our son and working in animal rescue with our daughter.